How To Submit SASSA SRD Grant Appeal Under New Rules
SASSA NEWS- New rules have been implemented regarding submitting a Social Relief of Distress Grant appeal. Here is how one may go about submitting an appeal.
The new appeal process for the Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress grant has been released. Those who were unsuccessful in their application for the grant are urged to read the following rules about the appeals process:
- Applicants are required to lodge an appeal within 90 days of receiving the declined application status. The appeal will need to be done via the electronic platform.
- The Minister will need to appoint employees as members of the Independent Tribunal to consider and decide on the appeals regarding the Covid-19 SRD grant.
- When lodging an appeal, the applicant may not submit any evidence or information which was not provided to Sassa at the time of the application.
- The Independent Tribunal should consider the appeal by reassessing the decision of the Agency against the available information at its disposal and has the powers to either confirm or set aside the decision of the Agency.
- The Independent Tribunal should finalise the appeal within 90 days from the date on which the appeal was received and should inform the applicant by electronic communication of the decision and reasons thereof.
- No appeal will be considered by the Independent Tribunal, if not submitted within the period of 90 days.
Applicants whose Covid-19 SRD grant applications were declined, may lodge an appeal by following the steps listed below:
Here’s How To Submit A Reconsideration Request Online
- Click here to visit the SRD Website.
- Scroll down to the ‘Application for Reconsideration’ tab.
- Select ‘Click here to apply for reconsideration’.
- Fill in your ID number and mobile number.
- Follow the prompts to complete the reconsideration of the grant.
SASSA News – SASSA Confirms R350 Grant Payment Dates For May 2022
SASSA NEWS – The fifth month of the year has begun, which means that if you are a R350 grant recipient, you should review your next grant payment dates. The next upcoming Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant payment dates for May 2022 are as follows.
The month of May is well into the fourth day of its first week and the South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) is gearing up to disburse this month’s batch of the R350 grant.
With this in mind, it may be important for you as a R350 grant beneficiary to familiarize yourself with May’s R350 grant payment dates as listed below:
- 02 MAY: NO PAYMENT
- 03 MAY: NO PAYMENT
- 04 MAY: NO PAYMENT
- 05 MAY: NO PAYMENT
- 06 MAY: NO PAYMENT
- 09 MAY: 080 & 085
- 10 MAY: 081 & 086
- 11 MAY: 082 & 087
- 12 MAY: 083 & 088
- 13 MAY: 084 & 089
- 16 MAY: 080 & 085
- 17 MAY: 081 & 086
- 18 MAY: 082 & 087
- 19 MAY: 083 & 088
- 20 MAY: 084 & 089
- 23 MAY: 080 & 085
- 24 MAY: 081 & 086
- 25 MAY: 082 & 087
- 26 MAY: 083 & 088
- 27 MAY: 084 & 089
- 30 MAY : 080 & 085
- 31 MAY : 081 & 08
The dates listed above are arranged according to the last three digits of a beneficiary’s ID number. Beneficiaries are also advised to wait for an SMS informing them their grant is ready for collection.
Should you not receive an SMS, do not visit the post office, as your grant will not be available for collection.
Sassa has also stated that you do not need to fetch your grant on the first day and that the money will always be there for you to collect.
Should you be receiving your R350 grant through a bank account, it’s good to know that there is no fixed payment date, as Sassa has assured beneficiaries that they will receive the money that they are owed.
YOU CAN ALSO CHECK YOUR R350 STATUS HERE :: R 350 sassa status check