This article will walk you through the srd.sassa.gov.za banking details submission process. It is important that you provide the correct banking details in order to receive your SRD R350 grant money. There were initially some fairly significant delays of grant payment due to problems with bank details not being verified. SASSA have now officially made a statement about how the process works and what steps should be taken.
How to submit banking details to sassa
You can update any banking details which may have been initially provided incorrectly on the SRD website and/or alter their responses to the screening questions asked in their application. This can be done by following the below instructions:
- Access the SRD website at srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Scroll down to the “How do I change my banking details” section
- Enter your ID number
- An SMS / Text message containing the sassa banking details link will be sent to the mobile phone number used when registering for the SRD application.
- Open the banking details link in the SMS and follow the instructions.
If you select for the payment to go into a bank account, please make sure that you are the owner of the bank account. SASSA will not be able to pay your grant into another person’s bank account.
If you select the money transfer option via one of the major banks, please make sure that the cellphone number on which you received the SMS is registered in your name. SASSA will not pay your grant if the mobile phone number which is registered is for another person. New banking details will only be used for future payments, after verification has been processed.
Read the articles below for more information of sassa grants
- How to Check SASSA Status with Moya App
- How to Check SASSA Balance
- SASSA Status Check SRD R350 Payment Dates
- SASSA: INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
- When To Apply For the Foster Care Grant at Sassa Offices
- How To Access Your R350 Grant Anywhere
- SASSA Social Relief of Distress (SRD) Food Voucher Application 2022
- How To Submit SASSA SRD Grant Appeal Under New Rules
- SASSA: You Can Now Change Your R350 Grant Payment Method
- How To Appeal Your R350 Grant If It Is Declined Due To UIF Registration
- SASSA Food parcels
- How to Apply or Reapply for R350 Grant
- How To Apply For SASSA Social Relief of Distress Grant?