SASSA has officially started rolling out payments for approved applicants who applied for the R350 grant.
While payments for the temporary grant start today, SASSA has warned applicants that there is no specific date for grant payments. This means that not all approved beneficiaries will receive their payments today or on a set date.
“Payments for the special COVID-19 SRD grant will be made from today (23 August 2021,) however beneficiaries cannot be give a specific date as to when that particular beneficiary will be paid.” SASSA explained.
Some applicants have reported having trouble tracking their application status. SASSA has apologised to all applicants, and has vowed to fix any glitches on the website.”Soon after we fix the system you will be able to check on the website. We are working on this. Apologies for this” SASSA tweeted in response to an applicant. Applications for the grant can be submitted on the following platforms:
- SASSA website – https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553 (send a Whatsapp message to this number. Make sure to include your name, surname and ID number in the Whatsapp message. You will then receive a message which will detail the next steps you need to follow.)
- USSD line: Dial *134*7737# and follow the prompts
- GovChat: https://govchat.app/login\
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/govchat.org
SASSA has warned applicants to beware of scams, as these are the only official application channels. “SASSA doesn’t endorse websites and apps offering SASSA services like applications for the Covid-19 SRD grant. Be careful of potential scams. Don’t give out your details to strange links.” the agency said in a tweet.