|Job Title||Warehouse Learnership|
|Company||Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
|Location – Province||KwaZulu-Natal|
|Location – Town / City||Phoenix/ East London/ Elgin/ Persevance|
|Job Description||Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the above vacancy within the Warehouse Department. |
Learners will complete the National Certificate in Freight Handling NQF 3.
The qualification will provide the learners with an excellent foundational knowledge of logistics and warehouse fundamentals coupled with an understanding of maintaining and enhancing the level and quality of service expected by customers.
|Key Duties & Responsibilities||LEARNERSHIP: The qualified learner will be exposed to: |
· An integrated practical and theoretical grounding in Freight Handling.
· The ability to work more effectively with others.
· The skills necessary to maintain and enhance the level of service and quality of service expected by customers.
· An awareness and understanding of key business principles that lead to transformation, transferability, economic growth and social development in the freight handling industry.
· Reading, writing and verbal communication within the distribution environment
· Rational and irrational numbers and number systems
· Receiving of stock into the warehouse
· Maintaining stock balances
· Safe delivery of stock to customers
· Legal requirement, organization policies and procedures for the transportation of goods
· Administrative functions related to stock receipt and delivery
· The packing of stock in appropriately selected areas
· Picking of stock
· The financial impact of stock on the business
· Picking, packing and movement of stock in order to minimize damages
· Stock flow through the DC/Warehouse
· The recording of stock movement on the stock management system
· Legislation regarding Occupational Health and Safety and applicable safety procedures in the workplace
· Maintaining of Internal and external housekeeping standards
· Maintaining of Customer service and satisfaction levels
· Attention to detail
· Ability to interact well in teams
· Ability to work effectively in teams
|Skills, Experience & Education||QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE |
· Minimum Matric with Maths or Maths Literacy
· Diploma: Logistics or Operations Management an added advantage
· No Experience required
|General||Only candidates residing in the area will be considered. |
DURATION OF THE LEARNING PROGRAMME:
· A learner embarking on this Qualification needs to obtain a minimum value of
· 120 credits to qualify for the Qualification; this learnership runs over a period of 12 months.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional or relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
Please note the below important information:
1. Grade 12 with Maths or Maths Literacy
2. Must be a South African Citizen
3. Must be Employment Equity candidate
4. Must not have previously completed the same qualification/ learnership at another company or organisation (please check with the L&D Skills Sustainability Team if you are unsure)
5. Must have been unemployed at the time of appointment
6. Must be between 18-35 years of age