Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, ZA
Company: Capitec Bank Ltd
Capitec Bank is currently recruiting for a Delivery Lead for the Granting Business Unit.
The purpose of this role is ensure the deliverables within the area of responsibility aligns with the objectives, plans, processes and standards of Credit Decision Science (Granting Model/Collections, Recoveries, Account Management)
- To lead a team of specialists within the (Collections, Recoveries and Account Management / Granting Model) function to perform analysis to translate active business data into usable strategic information to inform the business on any critical and measurable credit and risk indicators.
- To perform analysis to translate active business data into usable strategic information to inform the business on any critical and measurable credit and risk indicators
- Ensuring best practices / delivery of effective, efficient and high quality statistical analysis / data science services to the Credit stream.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for the allocated task/project/client area
- To identify and understand the nature of business problem and assist the various business areas in defining information requirements.
- Analyse, design and propose solutions to the business problem using statistical analysis / data science.
- Provide Capitec Bank relevant outputs/ information for rectification of the business problem.
- Provide support and guidance to end-users; assist users with machine learning and predictive modeling.
- Develop own knowledge and skills in the area of statistical analysis and in relation to Capitec Bank in order to be able to operate independently within the function
- Grade 12 National Certificate / Vocational
Qualifications (Ideal or Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology – Computer Science or Information Technology – Programming
- Predictive Modelling and Machine Learning
- Project management methodologies
- IT implementation cycle
- Credit cycle
- Technical understanding and knowledge (different operating systems / databases / programming languages)
- General business acumen to identify the impact technical issues may have on design and delivery of solutions.
- Best practices and tools in credit risk
- Interpretation of user requirements and translation into business requirements specifications
- Retail credit environment / industry
- Confidentiality and intellectual property implications and constraints
- Interpretation of user requirements
- Translation of business requirements into business requirement specifications
- Communications Skills
- Interpersonal & Relationship management Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Attention to Detail
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Leading and Supervising
- Working with People
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
Conditions of Employment
- Clear criminal and credit record
Capitec is committed to diversity and, where feasible, all appointments will support the achievement of our employment equity goals.