Operating Model Entity: Sasol Mining, Various Shafts
Geographical Area: Secunda
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- This position will be in support of Full Calender Operation (Fulco).
- An Artisan/Senior Artisan is responsible for the management of the maintenance process in the area of responsibility, to enable mining teams to reach production targets within the principles of the QCDSM.
- Manage control and maintain equipment in area of responsibility.
- Safety management and risk assessment.
- Ensure that COPs and SOPs are understood and adhered to identify ISO standards.
- Accurate and realistic maintenance and overall plan and budget.
- Ensure maximum availability and reliability of equipment.
- Conformance to all legal statutory and Sasol requirements.
- Provide specific expertise and in-section coaching and training and complex repairs.
- Evaluate personnel training needs schedule for training.
- Coach sub-ordinates towards requirements for next highest level.
Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
- National Senior Certificate / Full N3 / NCV Level 4 with Maths, Science, and English/ Business English.
- NQF4 Trade Test (Electro Mechanic/Millwright).
- PLC experience (wish).
- Valid Red Ticket (or ability to obtain one).
- First Aid certificate.
- Valid drivers license and own transport.
- 2 to 5 years of experience as Electro Mechanic/Millwright.
- Underground coal mining experience will be to your advantage.
- Flameproof Certificate will be to your advantage.
- Gas Testing (Fiery Mines) will be to your advantage.
Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics)
- Team building and coaching skills.
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate and control all activities.
- Ability to drive QCDSM.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate.
- Conceptual ability.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Strategic planning.
- Risk Assessment.
Apply Online Electro Mechanic/Millwright X10
Closing date: 31 August 2021