Company: Capitec Bank Ltd
- To assist in building and delivering the AI strategy to ensure Capitec is able to compete in a fast changing landscape where data science is a key future-oriented strategic differentiator.
- To help automate and improve processes through data science, and create new products and services, and assist with improved decision making based on data.
- To design and implement machine learning models to better understand the drivers of business performance and enable improved management decision-making.
- Honours Degree
Education (Ideal or Preferred)
- Masters Degree
Knowledge and Experience
- Solution and experimental design for model development
- Machine learning development and underlying theory and assumptions of techniques.
- Predictive modelling techniques (statistical and machine learning) and deployment
- Source control systems e.g. Git, Bitbucket, or SourceTree
- Relational database technologies
- Data Science lifecycle and applicable skills within
- If Honours only and not Masters degree then 1-2 years’ experience building machine learning models in Python/R
- Business analysis and requirements gathering
- Reproducible coding experience and working with source control tools e.g. Git, Bitbucket
- Experience in deploying models into production
- Spark, Hadoop or similar big data coding experience
- Working in remote environments, e.g. Docker, Linux
- Working in cloud environments, e.g. Azure, AWS
- Data analysis
- Solution and experimental design
- Machine learning model architecture (technical design and implementation processes)
- Specialist in one or more specific machine learning competencies, e.g. NLP, Deep Learning etc.
- Understanding of:
- Underlying theory and application of machine learning models must be able to understand underlying principles and theory and be able to teach others.
- Best practices for data science
- Ethical AI design principles
- Capitec Data Science lifecycle
- Capitec DPLC
- Data science, machine learning and integration of developed solutions.
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Communications Skills
- Numerical Reasoning skills
- Problem solving skills
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Writing and Reporting
- Learning and Researching
- Clear criminal and credit record