LOCATION: Office of the Section Head: Procurement Management: Facility Management: Supply Chain Management, Silverton, Pretoria
LEVEL OF REMUNERATION: R173 703.00 per annum (Salary level 5)
- Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post.
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or National Certificate (Vocational).
- Be proficient in at least two official languages, of which one must be English.
- Must be a SA citizen.
- Must have no previous convictions or cases pending.
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification.
- Appropriate/ relevant experience in the field of the post as well as competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint will be an advantage.
- Provide secretarial support functions to the Section Head.
- Type reports, letters, memoranda and monitor flow of documents to and from the office of the Sections Head.
- Manage the diary of the Section Heads for internal and external engagements.
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements, including accommodation and subsistence allowances.
- Maintain an updated filing system for the office of the Section Head.
- Distribute correspondence and circulars to the relevant stakeholders and keep a register of all incoming and outgoing post up to date.
- Handle routine correspondence , send and receive e-mails and faxes immediately.
- Answer and make telephone calls on behalf of the Section Head and take messages professionally.
- Provide support during meetings and workshops involving the office of the Sections Head.
- Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted.
- All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form -2-
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form. Due to current lockdown restrictions, uncertified copies will be accepted of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained together with Academic Record thereof and service certificates of previous employers stating the occupational period must also be submitted and attached to the application form. Certified copies will be obtained during the course of the selection process.
- Qualifications will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institution. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Persons who retired from the Public Service by taking a severance package, early retirement or for medical reasons, as well as persons with previous convictions, are excluded. Persons who retired due to medical reasons, may however be considered if they can provide recent and conclusive proof of recovery.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered. If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview. Short-listed candidates will be subjected to security clearance.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Due to restriction of movement as a result of COVID-19, application forms can be e-mailed to ONLY ONE of the following e-mail addresses: TrishaChetty@saps.gov.za or KolaFN@saps.gov.za. No further e-mail correspondence will be entertained after submission of application.
Applications forwarded by post to be addressed to: The Divisional Commissioner: SCM, Human Resource Management, Private Bag X254, Pretoria, 0001 (For attention PPO Chetty) Hand delivered applications can be submitted to The Divisional Commissioner: SCM, 117 Cresswell Road (cnr Cresswell and Pretoria Road), Silverton, Pretoria (For attention PPO Chetty) at the box available at the main entrance to the premises.
Enquiries can be directed to PPO Chetty, Tel no: (012) 841 7876 or PO Kola, Tel no: (012) 841 7456
The closing date for all applications is 12 March 2021 at 14:00.