Business Unit / Group Function: Midstream
Discipline: Rough Diamond Sorting and Trading
Location: Kimberley, South Africa
Reference Id: REF8407B
Experience / Work Type: Entry Level / Learnership / Apprentice
Here is an exciting opportunity to join our De Beers Sightholder Sales SA (DBSSSA) business as a Mining Learner (Diamond Sorter) for 12 months where you will be exposed to institutional learning and workplace experience.
The Learnership is a work-based learning programme that leads to a nationally recognised qualification that is directly related to an occupation. Learnerships combine a 30% structured learning component with a 70% practical work experience that is acquired while being employed with DBSSSA. Instruction will take place at the DBSSSA Diamond Academy, as an MQA accredited training provider.
As a Diamond Sorter Learner, you will be provided with the required learning and workplace experience that will enable you to obtain a FET Certificate in Diamond Design and Evaluation (NQF Level 4).
You will be required to:
Sort and evaluate rough diamonds in a strictly controlled security environment.
Adhere to all legislative requirements specified in the Learning agreement.
Take control of your training, to ask questions and seek answers.
Demonstrate ability and competence as per learnership requirements within the scheduled duration of 12 months.
You must have:
- A minimum educational qualification at Grade 12 with:
– Mathematics (minimum pass rate of 50%) or
– Mathematical Literacy (minimum pass rate of 70%)
- English and one other language.
- Basic MS Office skills.
- Be prepared to operate in a strictly controlled security environment.
- Ability to carry out requirements of the associated occupational requirements.
- Successful completion of integrity testing assessments (Polygraph testing, Personal Vetting).
- Successful security clearance.
- Successful completion of pre-recruitment assessments as deemed necessary by the organisation.
- Applications must consist of a covering letter, updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of original qualifications, academic transcripts and the applicant’s ID.
- Submit applications on or before the clsing date.
Apply Online Learnership Apprentice Programme 2021
Closing Date: 12 March, 2021